Jewish Foundation for Education of Women Records, 1880-1988
From the New York Public Library's Manuscripts and Archives Division. The Jewish Foundation for Education of Women was founded in New York City in 1880 as the Louis Down Town Sabbath School for the purpose of helping under-privileged children of Jewish immigrants on the Lower East Side. From 1895 to 1932 it was known as the Hebrew Technical School for Girls and offered courses in commercial and industrial arts to young women. The records include correspondence, minutes, annual reports, case files, registers of scholarship recipients, and miscellaneous administrative records.