Welcome to Cyndi's List
Cyndi's List has been a trusted genealogy research site for more than 18 years.Cyndi's List is free for everyone to use and it is meant to be your starting point when researching online.
- What exactly is Cyndi's List?
- A categorized & cross-referenced index to genealogical resources on the Internet.
- A list of links that point you to genealogical research sites online.
- A free jumping-off point for you to use in your online research.
- A "card catalog" to the genealogical collection in the immense library that is the Internet.
- Your genealogical research portal onto the Internet.
"Cyndi's list is a sledge hammer for brick walls. Your site has lead me to find great resources just clicking around." --Karen P.
"You've been the lamppost in the wilderness guiding us through genealogy for more than a decade." --Katherine J.
"Yours is one of the first sites I recommend in my classes. Always have. Always will. From the time I first became aware of your site and met you at an OGS Conference, I knew this was one site that genealogists could not do without. I point every new genealogist I meet to your site. And, if I'm teaching some seasoned genealogists, I point them again to your site so they don't forget the vast resources you have collected. One time, as I was preparing a lecture, I was stymied on the subject of school records. I went through my own sources, then decided to check in again with yours. In the few days between when I had first looked and when I looked again, you had added more links that filled in a necessary gap I was trying to fill. I tell my classes that if they don't start out with your web site, they will end up there. It fills a need that far outshines anything like it. Thank you so much for the labor of love you have kept at for so many years. You may never know how many people you have helped discover their ancestors." --Peggy L.