Welcome to Cyndi's List
Cyndi's List has been a trusted genealogy research site for more than 18 years.Cyndi's List is free for everyone to use and it is meant to be your starting point when researching online.
- What exactly is Cyndi's List?
- A categorized & cross-referenced index to genealogical resources on the Internet.
- A list of links that point you to genealogical research sites online.
- A free jumping-off point for you to use in your online research.
- A "card catalog" to the genealogical collection in the immense library that is the Internet.
- Your genealogical research portal onto the Internet.
"Think of the Dewey Decimal System. You look up a book you want, you might find something else of interest right beside it. Way cool for more than a century. With Dewey, we can stumble upon things that will help us. Same with Cyndi. We go to the subject in question and look around. It's a great way to discover new sources." --Dave O.
"If you've never used Cyndi's List, get over there and check it out. When I began researching over 15 years ago, the site was shared with me by my friend and mentor, Birdie Holsclaw. What a treasure trove!" --Cari T.
"Cyndi's list is a sledge hammer for brick walls. Your site has lead me to find great resources just clicking around." --Karen P.
"You've been the lamppost in the wilderness guiding us through genealogy for more than a decade." --Katherine J.